Friday, April 10, 2009

a fusion of ideas.

So I don't actually have much time to write now-- but I wanted to get this out there. First of all this center sounds sooooo much like a Dave Eggars center- and I like it.

One day, a few months ago, Mollie had a huge purging of ideas to me. She was hoping that our tutoring center- could mimic one like 825 Valencia-- but from a more Rochester perspective. We should feature what Rochester has to offer such as art and music!! (and amateur sports teams :)) This would get passionate college students, as well as community members to volunteer.

Random thoughts: If we open an eggars- like center focused on creative writing and the arts we dont have to partner with specific schools at all. Rather, we could advertise our program to all of the schools. It would be ideal to have a stand alone- brick and mortar location for something like this so that we didnt have to be a part of something else.
We could definitely get some UR students interested in sustaining a program like this- in writing and art education!!!!

hmmm I have zero experience in art and even less than zero in writing- but the rest of you have things like this covered. I like the specifictity of this idea. Maybe it is possible to run ethics lessons like Mollie did- through writing and art. Also, maybe we can plan our tutoring "lessons" behind bigger topics- and have the take home points embedded in other idea. ( I know this is vague-- but i need to go to work :))

Look I am Blogging!!!

No comments: