I became friends, or should I say associates, with Dana Lundquist who is an Eastman student and summer '09 Urban Fellow. She is the girl who set up the trip to the Rochester Zen Center last weekend. I got to speaking with her about my KEY project, or rather, Tamara told her a bunch about it...and here is some info that send sent me. Turns out her summer placement was with the Rochester Youth Bureau- and they have tons of resources for us. Her message to me is below
Youth Bureau Sthufff
Hey I just talked to the guy I'm working for and he'd love to meet with you to discuss what's going on here- he's really freakin cool and totally understands your concern about being pulled around by different organizations.
His name is Garth Freeman and you can give him an email at
gfreeman@monroecounty.gov or call at 585-753-6456
also in terms of positive development you might want to check out this website
http://www.facebook.com/l/;http://www.search-institute.org/content/what-kids-need ...the 40 developmental assets are used a lot here
good luck!
We need to follow up on this connections, Team!
1 comment:
We should definitely talk to this guy.
Could be important as we gather information on how volunteers can access resources in the community.
Post a Comment